CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Katy Perry released her fourth studio album, "Prism," on Oct. 18. Overall, the album can be summed up as a universal and beautiful outlook on things. It's about loving yourself and being your own hero but also about loving others.
I totally recommend it. Here's my scoop on all 16 tracks:
1. "Roar": The first single off the album, it quickly rose to popularity and for good reason. This song is fun and empowering -- a great girl power anthem.
2. "Legendary Lovers": This song has a nice beat and relaxing feel. The lyrics and music have an Indian vibe to them, which makes the song catchy.
3. "Birthday": Upbeat and fun, this is a song to turn on when you want to dance around in your pajamas.
4. "Walking On Air": Sick beat? Check. Sexy and charming lyrics? Check. This is the perfect song for a party!
5. "Unconditionally": This raw and beautiful ballad is a break from the album's fun dance songs. It shows the other side of the album, which is slow and touching.
6. "Dark Horse": This song has a soulful tone. It's the kind of song you just want to snap your fingers to.
7. "This Is How We Do": My personal favorite, this is the Friday night anthem of the album. The lyrics are about just having fun, and the music is very easy to dance to. Crank the song when you're with your friends!