- First Missionary Baptist Church of Powellton will celebrate its 107th Church Anniversary and Homecoming beginning with Sunday school at 9:45 a.m. and morning worship service at 11 a.m. on Sunday. Pastor William I. Kinney will speak. The afternoon service will begin at 3 p.m. with guest speaker the Rev. James H Mosley Jr., along with his choir and congregation from Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church of Logan. Dinner will be served at 1 p.m.
- King of Glory International Ministries will celebrate the Fourth Pastoral Anniversary of Senior Pastor Tina M. And Pastor Ron Beatty Saturday and Sunday at the church, 302 Delaware Ave. Speakers include 7 p.m. Saturday, Pastor Wanda Shelton, New Jerusalem Non-Denominational Church; 11 a.m., Sunday, Elder Mark D. Walker Jr., Kingdom Empowerment Ministries; 5 p.m. Sunday, Pastor Lois Daniels, The Apostolic Lighthouse Deliverance Temple of Beckley. For information, call 304-720-5994.
- Mount Zion Baptist Church of South Charleston will celebrate its Pastor's 26th Anniversary on Aug. 19. Speaker for the 11 a.m. morning service will be the Rev. Ricardo Flippin. The afternoon speaker will be the Rev. Lennoris Dixon, choir and congregation of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. Dinner will be served following the morning service, between 1 and 2:30 p.m.
- Maranatha Bible Missionary Baptist Church of Madison will celebrate the Rev. Shawn P. Woods' First-Year Anniversary Aug. 24-26 at the church. The Rev. Lennoris Dixon of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church of Charleston speak and will be accompanied by his choir and congregation. First Lady Appreciation Day for Cassandra Woods will be held at 3 p.m. Aug. 25. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Jackie Moore from New Covenant Missionary Baptist Church of Charleston. A light repast will follow. Guest speaker at the 11 a.m. Aug. 26 service will be the Rev. Curtis Calloway, accompanied by the St. Phillip Missionary Baptist Church, Cora. The celebration will culminate at 3:30 p.m. with the Rev. James Ealy speaking, accompanied by choir and congregation from New Covenant Missionary Baptist Church of Charleston. Dinner will be served following the morning service.
- Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church Pastor's Aide will sponsor a Fashion Show at 5 p.m. Saturday at Kanawha Players Theater, 309 Beauregard St. Tickets are a $10 donation. The Rev. Robert K. Davis is Mount Zion's pastor and the church is located at 442 McDonald St., South Charleston.
- The Achievers Class of the Fifth Avenue Church of God in South Charleston will open its clothes closet from 10 a.m. to noon on Aug. 18. Clothes are free to families and individuals in need. Visitors should enter the church from the E Street side of the building. Free parking is available in the rear of the church. For information, call Ruth Hunt at 304-744-5062.
- Hot Dogs for Haiti!, a hot-dog fundraiser to help raise funds for mission trips to Haiti and Guatemala, will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 18 in front of the Walmart in Hurricane. Hot dogs, baked goods and sno cones will be for sale. The event is sponsored by the Winfield United Methodist Women.
- St. Christopher Episcopal Church will have a rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the church, 821 Edgewood Dr. Books, clothing, furniture, household items, lawn and garden items and more will be available. To get to the church on the West Side, turn from Washington Street onto Edgewood Drive. Turn left on Beech Avenue and go one block. Turn left onto Somerset. The church is at the end of the street on the left. For questions, call 304-342-3272.
- Allens Fork Community Church will have a "tag sale" from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 18 at the church on Allens Fork Road, Sissonville. Merchandise from a home shopping channel will be featured. Concessions will be available for purchase. For information and directions, call 304-988-9044 or 304-988-2156.
- Abundant Life Ministries, 1534 Washington St. E., is having a Back to School Bash for teenagers ages 13 to 18 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Friday. This free event will be an evening of food, fun, movies and fellowship. Contact Ministers James or Tracie Greene at 304-342-0058 for information or visit www.abundantlifewv.com.
- Mike Upright will sing at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Liberty Christian Church on Campbells Creek for homecoming service. A dinner will be held at noon.
- All Nations Revival Centre will sponsor a free Outdoor Christian Concert and Back-to-School Bazaar from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 25 at 325 Academy Dr., Dunbar. There will be a free school supply giveaway. For information, call 304-768-7000.
- Morris Memorial United Methodist Church will be hosting a concert featuring recording artists Big Daddy Weave at 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 16 at the church. Tickets are $10 in advance, through church office or itickets.com, or $15 at the door. Tickets may be limited. Doors open at 6 p.m. Contact Ryan Anderson for information at 304-395-2007.
- An outdoor gospel sing will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at Kellys Creek Community Church, Kellys Creek Road, Sissonville. Singers include The Believers, The Tignors and The Dewey Tanner/Parsons Brothers Trio. Hot dogs, drinks and desserts will be available beginning at 3:30 p.m. There is no admission charge, however, donations will be appreciated. The sing will be held inside if the weather requires.
- The Believers will sing at 1 p.m. Saturday on the grounds of McCorkle Freewill Baptist Church at Sod, during the OH-WV Regional Rally hosted by the Road Riders for Jesus. The Road Riders for Jesus will sing at 7 p.m. Sunday at Thorofare Community Church, located on Thorofare Road, Clendenin.
- There will be a free outdoor gospel concert at 6 p.m. on Aug. 18 at Liberty Baptist's new property located just off U.S. 60 on Yates Crossing in Ona. Singers will be the Humphreys, The Sacred Heirs and The Harvesters from Sanford, N.C. Bring a lawn chair and a friend. For directions and information, contact John Snodgrass at 304-638-0639. The church mailing address is 2473 Yates Crossing Road, Milton, WV 25541.
- The Believers will sing at 10 a.m. Saturday during the senior center dedication at Aldersgate United Methodist Church. They will sing at 4 p.m. Saturday during a gospel sing at Kelly's Creek Community Church and at 7 p.m. on Sunday at Union Valley Gospel Tabernacle.
- The Whisnants of Morganton, N.C., will be in concert at 6 p.m. Aug. 19 at Fellowship Baptist Church. The concert is part of the Praise FM summer Sunday Singing Concert series. There is no admission fee; however, a love offering will be taken. Nursery care will be provided. For information, call 304-295-8982 or visit www.fellowshipchurch.net.
- Living for Him will sing at 6 p.m. Sunday at Riverview Gospel Tabernacle at 2320 Bench Road.
- A gospel concert featuring The Singing Cookes and Cooke Brothers will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday at Keith Full Gospel Church, W.Va. 3, Boone County, 6 miles west of Whitesville. Doors open at 6 p.m. A love offering will be taken. For information, call 304-837-7557 or 304-837-3965.
- Shiloh will sing at 7 p.m. Monday at Lucy Wilson Baptist Church, Wills Creek, Elkview.
- The BrighterSide Quartet will sing at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Kanawha Independent Church, Burnsville. They will also sing at 7 p.m. Sunday at Good Hope Tabernacle in Buckhannon.
- The Anchormen Quartet, of Goldsboro, N.C., and The Laborers Quartet of Charleston will be in concert at 7 p.m. on Aug. 23 at Glasgow Church of the Nazarene, located on the corner of First Street and Second Avenue in Glasgow. The concert is free and a love offering will be taken. For information, call 304-561-5501 or 304-595-1763, or visit www.glasgownaz.org.
- Set Free Ministries will have an outdoor sing at 4 p.m. Aug. 18 on the church grounds. Featured singers will be New Journey, Tignors and the church singers. Bring lawn chairs.
- Charleston Church of God will feature national Paradigm recording artist and Dove award winner Charlie Hall for an evening worship with "Stories and Songs" from 7 to 9 p.m. Sept. 7 at the church's meeting place, West Virginia State University Capital Center Theater, 123 Summers St. Tickets are $12 for general seating and all proceeds will be used to purchase goods for the West Side Food Pantry in Charleston. Hall, along with backup percussionist Dustin Gray will perform. The concert will be an event similar to popular VH1 "Storytellers," with Hall talking about his influences and inspirations for the songs he writes and performs. To order tickets, call Charleston COG at 304-382-4975. Information about Charleston COG can also be obtained at www.chascog.com, www.facebook.com/charleston.cog, or by email at charleston....@facebook.com.
- Paradise Island of Christian will sponsor its 49th Southern Gospel Sing, a three-day gospel sing, Aug. 24-26 at its location, on W.Va. 80, between Man and Gilbert and also near Verner and Christian. The sing, is in memory of Geneva Melvie Cline. Performers include the Paradise Island Family Singers from Paradise Island; The New Jerusalem Bluegrass Singers from Columbus, Ohio; Steve Lawson from West Hamblin; The Toler Family from Palestine; Ron Shamblin from Sissonville; Higher Praise from Charleston; and Jessica Hicks from Man. A 10 p.m. Passion Trail will be held. A clothing giveaway will be held at 1 p.m. Aug. 25. A sing will be held at 11 a.m. Aug. 26 with a homecoming dinner beginning at 1:30 p.m. The sing is free. Food and refreshments will be available. For information, call 304-583-2825 or Facebook Priscella Cline Smith. Visit the website at www.paradiseislandwv.com.
- The Tignor Trio will sing at 6 p.m. Sunday at Rumble Community Baptist Church. Richard Harold is pastor.
- The Charleston Black Ministerial Alliance will have the 2012 Youth Revival at 7 p.m. nightly Aug. 21-23 at All Nations Revival Center, 325 Academy Dr., Dunbar. Pastor is Bishop Frederick Hightower and youth pastor is Elder Bruce Purnell. For information, call 304-768-7000.
- Pilgrim Home Missionary Baptist Church, 7015 Kanawha St., St. Albans, will celebrate its annual Family Day at the 11 a.m. morning worship service. Guest speaker will be Minister Keith Tyler, associate minister of Grace Bible Church. The morning service will be followed by a picnic at the church.
- Good Shepherd Free Will Baptist Church, 5470 West Pea Ridge Road, Huntington, will have Sunday school at 10 a.m. The morning worship service will begin at 11 a.m. with Pastor Jason C. Black preaching. The evening worship service begins at 6 p.m. with Blessed singing and Pastor Jason C. Black preaching. A prayer meeting and youth group meeting begins at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
Items for Church Activities may be submitted by mail to The Charleston Gazette, 1001 Virginia St. E., Charleston, WV 25301, or faxed to 304-348-1233. Notices will be run one time free. Please include a contact person's name and a daytime telephone number. Information will not be taken by phone. The deadline is noon Thursday.