* An officer of a community-based nonprofit organization, and an officer of a municipality or county commission, for two seats on the Affordable Housing Trust Fund board of directors
* A nail technician for the Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists
* Two residents of the 1st Congressional District, and one resident of the 2nd Congressional District, for the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences
* A former legislator, a former member of a county or municipal board, and a full-time state government official, for seats on the Ethics Commission
* A physician for the state Health Information Network
* An attorney with experience in mine safety for the Mine Safety Technology Task Force
* A resident of the 1st Congressional District for the Parkways Authority
* A county assessor for the Real Estate Appraiser Licensing Board
Neal said the governor's office welcomes applications from anyone interested in serving on state boards and commissions.
"The governor applauds individuals who step forwarding public service, and encourages anyone who would like to be considered for appointment to submit a letter of interest along with a resume to our office," she said.
Reach Phil Kabler at ph...@wvgazette.com or 304-348-1220.