• St. George Orthodox Cathedral in Charleston will have the 26th Annual Thanksgiving Benefit Dinner to aid the homeless from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the church. Proceeds support the YWCA Sojourner Shelter for Homeless Women and Families. The dinner will feature a traditional Thanksgiving feast and live music. Co-sponsors for the event are Wellington's Catering & Cafe, Corey Brothers, St. George Orthodox Cathedral and the city of Charleston. Tickets are $30 per person, and children younger than 10 can eat free. Tickets can be purchased by calling Wanda Crooms at 304-340-3553 or online at www.ywcacharleston.org.
• The Libbey Owens Ford Glass Retirees will meet for breakfast at 10 a.m. Monday at Bob Evans in Kanawha City. For information, call 304-342-1095.
• The Kanawha Estates Garden Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday at the Ronald McDonald House in Kanawha City for a tour of the facility. Following the tour, the group will meet at Bob Evans Restaurant for dessert. For more information, contact Margaret Taylor at 304-925-0778.
• Kanawha County Public Library Board of Directors will meet at 4 p.m. Monday at the Main Library, 123 Capitol St. The Finance Committee will meet at 3:45 p.m. to accept Community Participation Project grant funds allocated by Kanawha County delegates. Both meetings, which are open to the public, will be held in the John V. Ray Room, third floor. Call 304-343-4646 for information.
• The Putnam County Democrat Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the old courthouse in Winfield, second floor. The group will plan the Christmas party scheduled for Dec. 13. Bring a covered dish. For questions, call 304-776-7139.
• Ducks Unlimited Vandalia Chapter's annual Membership Banquet will be held at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Beni Kedem Shrine Center in Charleston. Proceeds are used for wetland preservation. For reservations and information, call 304-346-7299.