Get Connected
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Sign In
  • Classifieds
  • Sections
Print

Nitro street reopened after fire

By Staff reports
Lawrence Pierce
Nitro firefighter Zack Bonnett sprays water onto a blaze that started inside John's Garage at 308 Main Ave. in Nitro early Wednesday morning.
Lawrence Pierce Firefighters stand beside a blaze at John's Garage in Nitro on Wednesday.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Part of Main Avenue is Nitro was shut down this morning because of a fire.

Kanawha County Metro 911 dispatchers said the fire was at John's Garage at 308 Main Ave. A vehicle inside the building was on fire, according to dispatchers.

The fire was extinguished by firefighters from Nitro and St. Albans, and the street was reopened shortly before noon.

 


Print

User Comments