Sigman doesn't think the fires can be explained simply by faulty wiring.
"Faulty wiring would not be that consistent," he said. "I think there's something else going on.
"That's why we're calling in the experts."
Geronimo Drive is along the Coal River in St. Albans. Sigman said the community is made up largely of six-unit townhouses that were probably built at about the same time in the 1970s. He said another fire broke out in wiring leading to one of the units in September.
On Sunday and earlier Monday, smoke detectors alerted the occupants of the apartments and they were able to escape.
"[On Sunday] there was a mother, two children and a niece in the house," Sigman said. An elderly woman lived in the home in which the Monday-morning fire broke out.
Sigman said the third townhouse unit was under renovation and unoccupied when the fire started there.
Reach Rusty Marks at rustyma...@wvgazette.com or 304-348-1215.