CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- West Virginia State University Extension Service will offer a new series of free workshops to help gardeners prepare for the spring season. The courses will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. on the following dates at the Kanawha County Public Library on 123 Capitol St. The series targets backyard gardeners, as well as groups looking to establish community, youth or adaptive gardens.
Courses and dates include:
• Site Selection and Preparation -- Feb. 26
• Garden Design and Plant Spacing -- March 12
• Plant Selection and Growing Techniques -- March 26
• Raised Beds and Container Gardening -- April 23
• Insect and Disease Management -- April 30To register, contact Brad Cochran at 304-541-3301 or bcochr...@wvstateu.edu.