Get Connected
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Sign In
  • Classifieds
  • Sections
Print

No one hurt in Fort Hill house fire

By Staff reports

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- No one was hurt in a fire that broke out in Fort Hill this morning.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen of a home at 673 Gordon Drive at about 6:45 a.m.

Wesley Smith of the Charleston Fire Department said the fire apparently started in a microwave oven, then spread up the back wall into the attic. He estimated damage to the home at about $20,000.

A babysitter was at the house watching several children when the fire broke out, but all were able to get out of the house safely.


Print

User Comments