CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- West Virginia American Water, Beckley Water and the Raleigh County Public Service District have issued several area boil-water advisories.
Areas under the boil-water advisories include:
• Approximately 500 customers on Charleston's West Side, including Costello Street and Watts Elementary, Hillcrest Avenue, Watts Street from the railroad tracks to the top of the hill, Florence Drive, Breezemont Drive, Ella Avenue, Amherst Drive, Patterson Drive, Anaconda Avenue, Grove Street, Branch Street, Rose Court, Vincent Street, Butler Street, Mariana Street, Daugherty Street and Williams Street. The advisory follows two water main breaks.
• Approximately 30 residential customers on Rocky Fork Road from Camp Virgil Tate to the Lanham Compressor Station. The advisory follows a water main break.
• Approximately 100 residential customers in the community of Minden in the WVAW's New River system in Fayette County. The affected area includes County Route 17 from the bottom of Minden Hill to the old bar, including all side roads, and County Route 17 out to and including the area of Rock Lick. The advisory has been issued following a project to replace fire hydrants and sections of pipe.
• The lower portion of Maple Fork Road, 700 block of Sweeneysburg Road on down, Clear Fork Road and Vass Branch Road, including all adjacent streets. The advisory was issued following a water main break.
• The entire Clear Creek water system.
Customers in these areas should boil their water for at least one full minute before use, until further notice.