CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The historic Catholic Church of Mary Immaculate near Williamsburg in Greenbrier County will once again be the scene for first Saturday devotions and daily Mass, beginning at 10:30 a.m. May 4.
Built in 1901, the church is the oldest Catholic house of worship in Greenbrier County and the Catholic parishes of St. Catherine of Siena, Ronceverte, and St. Charles Borromeo, White Sulphur Springs. It hosts the first Saturday devotions May through October each year in the church, which was built to serve the German and Irish Catholic population in the region.
Father Chapin Engler Jr., pastor for St. Charles Borromeo and St. Catherine of Siena, will officiate at the Saturday daily Mass. Following the devotions and Mass, a covered-dish dinner will be hosted at the Musselman home on Butler Mountain Road.
The Church of Mary Immaculate is 4.5 miles from U.S. 219 in Frankford, just off the Williamsburg Road onto Catholic Church Road, and 4 miles south of Williamsburg just off the Frankford Road.For information on the church and the first Saturday devotions, call 304-536-1813 or 304-645-1373.