According to the FCC ownership report for AJG, assets in the trust include radio stations WKKW, WFGM and WFBY.
The filing notes, "Ownership of the licensee [AJG] is divided equally between the two trusts, each of which is voted on by Lauren Kelley."
The telephone number listed for Kelley in the FCC ownership report was not in service. Kelley did not respond to an email inquiry.
* Kelley replaced Dale Miller as AJG president in December 2008, according to records with the Secretary of State's Office. Miller is the longtime president of West Virginia Radio.
The 2008 filing also indicates that John and David Raese were removed as directors of AJG at that time. The Raeses remain as directors of West Virginia Radio, according to business filings.
* The latest annual report for AJG, filed May 15 with the Secretary of State's Office, lists the company email address as Simp...@GreerIndustries.com. The 2013 annual report for West Virginia Radio, also filed on May 15, lists the identical company email address.
* Although licensed to their respective cities (Fairmont and Barrackville), WKKW and WFGM operate out of West Virginia Radio's headquarters on Earl Core Road, along with West Virginia Radio affiliates WAJR-AM and WVAQ-FM. WKKW and WFGM websites also list Earl Core Road in Morgantown as their office address.
The other AJG affiliate, WFBY-FM Weston, lists its office address as 1065 Radio Park Road, Mount Clare, an unincorporated area south of Clarksburg in Harrison County. West Virginia Radio affiliate WWLW-FM Fairmont lists the same address for its office.
* According to its annual report, AJG has only 16 employees, or barely more than five employees per station. WVRC has 65 employees, according to its annual report.
* AJG stands for Agnes Jane Greer, the matriarch of the Greer empire, who incorporated West Virginia Radio Corp. in 1940. (The call letters of the company's flagship station, WAJR, are her initials before she was married.)
FCC spokeswoman Janice Wise said she could not discuss specific market ownership issues, including any pending sales of stations.
Reach Phil Kabler at ph...@wvgazette.com or 304-348-1220.