FlipSide photo contest wants to see teens' best costumes
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Think you have a great costume for Halloween or homecoming this year? Show it to us! FlipSide and Charleston Town Center are sponsoring a costume-themed photo contest this month, and we want to see your best look.
The top two overall winners will each receive $50 mall gift cards. Also, one winner each in four other categories will win a $20 gift card to either Starbucks or one of the mall's restaurants. Those categories are: couple or group, fictional character, most creative and scariest.
Additionally, the school with the most entries will win a $100 mall gift card, good for food for a victory party.
The winners will be printed in our November issue, and you'll be able to see all the entries on our Facebook page. They'll be judged by FlipSide editor Amy Robinson, Charleston Town Center marketing director Lisa McCracken and West Virginia Style Team blogger Autumn D.F. Hopkins.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Email photos to email@example.com with the subject line "Costume contest," post them on our Facebook wall or tweet them to us. Include your name, grade, school and category.
2. Entry deadline is noon Nov. 1.
3. Photos must be from 2013. They should be well-lit, full-body shots, and you must pose with a sign bearing the hashtag #FlipsideCostume. The larger the photo, the better.
4. Multiple entries are allowed, and you can win multiple categories.
5. Open to West Virginia students in grades 6-12. All submitted photos become the property of FlipSide.