Charleston parade to kick off Christmas season
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- The annual Charleston Christmas Parade kicks off at 11 a.m. Saturday. Line-up begins at 10 a.m. near the interstate bridge on Court Street. Units will be staged along the east and west sides of Court Street from Washington Street E. to Donnelly Street.
The parade will head south on Court Street. Spectators can take in the festive sights from there, Virginia Street E., Capitol Street and Christopher Street. The parade will disband on Eagan Street.
There will be no parking on the following streets:
- Capitol Street from Kanawha Boulevard to Christopher Street
- Christopher Street from Capitol to Eagan street
- Eagan Street from Christopher to Smith street
Street closures are as follows:
- Court Street from Smith to Washington street
- Virginia Street from Goshorn to the Southside Bridge
- Quarrier Street from Hale to Dickinson street
- Dickinson Street from Washington to Lewis street
- Christopher Street from Eagan to Shrewsbury street
- Donnally Street from Court to Dickinson street
- Smith Street from Eagan to Capitol street
Local traffic only:
- Laidley Street from Kanawha Boulevard to Quarrier Street
- Summers Street from Kanawha Boulevard to Quarrier Street
There will still be access to the Charleston Town Center and the Marriott Hotel entrances from Lee Street. Traffic traveling Lee Street by the Marriott and Embassy Suites will be rerouted north to Washington Street.