Get Connected
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Sign In
  • Classifieds
  • Sections
Print

Small electrical fire out at Charles Town Races

CHARLES TOWN, W.Va. -- A fire chief says battery chargers are suspected of causing a small electrical fire at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.

Independent Fire Company chief Donnie Lanham says the smoldering fire was put out Wednesday in an electrical room.

Lanham says battery chargers for the casino's vacuum cleaners apparently overheated and ignited the fire.

He says by the time firefighters arrived, the fire had been contained mostly by the casino's automatic sprinkler system and the work of casino employees. The immediate area near the fire was evacuated.

The Journal reports casino officials believe damage from the fire is expected to be minimal.


Print

User Comments