Squirrel suspected cause of brush fire in Upshur
BUCKHANNON -- Buckhannon fire chief Mitch Tracy says a squirrel likely caused a brush fire that burned about an acre behind the Upshur County Office of Emergency Management.
Tracy tells The Inter-Mountain that a burned animal was found at the foot of a power line pole. He says authorities believe a squirrel somehow got into the power line and shorted it out, causing sparks to fall to the ground.
He says no structures were damaged by the fire. The fire occurred Friday on private wooded property.