CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Fire destroyed a home in Cross Lanes on Sunday.
Kanawha County Deputy Emergency Services Director C.W. Sigmon said a man was changing a fuel pump in the garage at a home at 4904 Big Tyler Road at about 6 p.m. when he accidentally broke an electric work light. Electricity from the broken light ignited gasoline, Sigmon said.
A firefighter who lives nearby was one of the first on the scene of the blaze, but Sigmon said the house was fully involved. He said the home was destroyed.
No one was hurt.