George Manahan, CEO of The Manahan Group public relations firm and a spokesman for Reale, would not comment on the police report.
"We don't have a comment while the matter is still being considered by the city," Manahan said in an email.
Sgt. Bobby Eggleton, in charge of the city's Special Enforcement Unit at the time of Reale's arrest, has said he left Reale's name off of a press release about the prostitution sting because Reale seemed suicidal at the thought that news of the arrest would become public. The charge against Reale was dismissed in Charleston Municipal Court in August on the condition that Reale not get into legal trouble during the next year.
However, at a news conference earlier this week, Mayor Jones said it was a mistake to leave Reale's name off of the press release. Jones asked that charges be refiled against the attorney and lobbyist.
Charleston Police Chief Brent Webster said Thursday that police and city officials are still discussing whether the charge against Reale should be re-filed, and whether the incident should be pursued in municipal court or Kanawha County Magistrate Court.
Staff writer Rachel Molenda contributed to this report.
Reach Rusty Marks at rustyma...@wvgazette.com or 304-348-1215.