CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Express your opinion on any subject you wish. Not all comments are published. Call 304-357-4451 or email readersvo...@wvgazette.com.
• I would like to show my appreciation for the ladies who work in the women's department of the Hurricane Walmart who helped me when someone took my shopping cart while I was in the fitting room. They found my items, which had been dumped in the next aisle, and even got me another cart.
• Would the NRA agree to a tax on gun sales to fund the armed guards in every school? Just sayin' . . .
• Americans will one day look back in horror that, in the name of liberty, it was acceptable for citizens, regardless of capability, to possess weapons designed solely for combat.
• MSNBC has produced a documentary called "Hubris," in which they detail how Americans were tricked, by our government and our media, into a war with Iraq with lies about "Weapons of Mass Destruction." In 10 more years, we'll get one about how Americans were tricked, by our government and our media, into a war with Iran with lies about a "nuclear weapons program."
• Sequestration. A big word but it brings cuts to the federal government. I like it.
• In a recent letter to the editor the writer suggested that Putin hire Mr. Romney to help run the Olympics in Russia. A better suggestion would be for Obama to hire Romney to help straighten out the U.S. economy since Obama seemingly has no clue as to what should be done. Had Romney been elected, our nation would already be well on its way to a better economy.
• People sure got duped when they voted for Attorney General Patrick Morrisey. He isn't going to do anything for the people of West Virginia.