* To the reader referring to Orwell's "1984": How right you are. Jay Carney is Squealer, without doubt.
* The reason it seems that you have a revolving door of news reporters on your local station is because the stations hire people who are just starting out, pay them very little, and when they get a little experience, they move on to greener pastures.
* Our borders must be sealed against illegal immigrants before it is too late. Otherwise, any legislation would be useless.
* What a joke. Calling the tea party "patriots." When does a group calling for the overthrow of the government become anything except "traitors"?
* The answer to all levels of government's financial woes can be fixed by spending cuts. The answer is not nor has it ever been about just raising revenue. If you raise revenue and fail to make substantial spending cuts then you will again need more revenue very soon. If we want to help the people in Oklahoma, then we need to cut something to do it.
* I don't believe that the IRS scrutiny of the tea party contributed in any way to the results of the last election. Even normal Republicans won't vote for that bunch. As a side note, no political organization should get tax breaks to spew their points of view.
* I don't know why conservatives blame the Democrats for Roe v Wade. There was a Republican president, a Republican-controlled Congress, and a conservative-leaning Supreme Court during the early 2000s.
* It's time for corporations to pay up. They have not created jobs and enjoy enormous amounts of wealth. They sit on billions of dollars while bridges burn, asphalt deteriorates, schools lack storm shelters. When is enough enough? The GOP is collapsing our economy.
* Huggins can continue to run off players but as long as he remains, so does the real problem. A very sad time in WVU athletics, especially basketball. I will continue to put my energy and money elsewhere.
* In the '70s Justice Richard Neely wrote the "primary caretaker" law to level the playing field in child custody fights. In recent years the local family court judges have strayed away from those guidelines. Many honest, hard-working fathers and their innocent children are having their lives ruined because those judges won't take the time to hear their side of the story.