CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- There should be an 11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not push thine belief on others."
* The people at Goldy Auto must have remembered the old adage that the most irritating commercial is the most memorable. I cringe every time their ad comes on.
* Eight members of my family have seen "The Lone Ranger" movie. It's bombing, but we all agreed it was one of the best movies we have seen in a long time.
* Someone in the weird world of conservative thinking believes that President Obama and Hillary Clinton are responsible for the Muslim Brotherhood. Where do these people come from and what has twisted their simple minds?
* We survived President George W. Bush just like we have survived all of the preceding presidents. That is not the question. The question is will we survive the incompetence of Barack Obama? I'm not so sure. He has taken a deep hole and turned it into a crater.
* Another summer passes and I still haven't attended a single FestivALL or Greenbrier Classic event. Life is good not being a yuppie.
* There are more communities in the area than there are weekends during the summer. Odds are good there might be two festivals scheduled for one weekend. So sorry having South Charleston's festival the same weekend as the one east of Charleston messes up you're ability to make plans.
* Obama's amnesty plan for illegals will raise unemployment plus crime rates. His clean air plans will do the same thing. He also wants to disarm honest Americans while doing little to fight the criminals who will still be armed.
* To the reader who says we don't want bread in West Virginia, well I do. Of course I'd like the coal mining jobs, too. I guess we won't have either under this president.
* Hey ladies, don't you just love it when a group of men decide what we can do with our bodies?
* Which is more important to our state and county? The airport and the ANG base or Coonskin Park? Just close the park and save $9 million on the bridge and move on.
* Why isn't the city and the state cutting down the weeds along the side of the roads like they used to? The city is in especially bad shape. They used to cut these weeds down and it used to look nice. Let's take pride in our city.
* I would like to thank the lady in the white Echo at Quincy McDonald's that paid for my dinner yesterday. Thank you so much. There are still a lot of good people in this world. Thank you.