CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Express your opinion on any subject you wish. Not all comments are published. Call: 304-357-4451 or email readersvo...@wvgazette.com.
• It's good to hear the positive diplomatic news on Syria and Iran. Better to be working toward peace than making war. Interesting to note that it was our president's strong reaction to the chemical attack that got things moving. Let's give Obama and Kerry credit.
• It's amazing to watch the liberals salivate to the never-ending Clinton tease.
• Did Ted Cruz miss the whole point of Green Eggs and Ham? Or did he just skip the ending? Dr. Seuss must be groaning in his grave.
• I find it ironic and really humorous that the name "Obamacare," which the Republicans gave the Affordable Care Act in derision, will forever be known as that, making Obama more famous over the coming years, as the name "Bush" fades. I predict Obamacare will become as well liked as Social Security.
• It is probably true that more atheists and people not attending church bodes well for the Democratic Party and the radical progressive wing of the party, as suggested in the Monday Potpourri column. However, it bodes ill for America. The terrible shape our country is in can be traced directly to left-wing politicians.
• Why is the Gazette obsessed with the Democratic Party? West Virginia has been under Democratic control for over 80 years and is an economic and poor-health basket case.
• I listen to the scanner and I wonder why all the police officers are so nasty sounding. . . . I'm not happy about all the crime in our area either.
• So is "blackmail" a legally acceptable tool now that the less-than-honorable Republicans in Congress have used it? Even though they failed miserably?
• I certainly hope the Republicans in Congress are proud of themselves. They sure know how to hurt a lot of people.