• A well-lit household being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear incandescent light bulbs shall not be infringed.
• No tag shall in time of peace be placed on mattresses quartered in any house without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
• The right of the people to be secure in their bathrooms, bedrooms and thoughts, against unreasonable rules and regulations, shall not be violated.
• No person shall be held to answer for a picayune rule or otherwise petty regulation, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger.
• Nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation, and public use does not mean to turn the property over to a private developer.
• In disputes with the federal bureaucracy, where the value in controversy shall exceed $20, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise re-examined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
• The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage the overall right of the people to be left the hell alone.
You bet. Just like Congress and the bureaucracy it spawned.
President Obama may be a socialist but most of these problems pre-dated his election in 2008 - and many of these rules and regulations came under a Republican Congress or president.
Power corrupts. Washington is corrupt. It's time to pull the plug on all that power.
Surber may be reached at donsur...@dailymail.com.